8.24.2012

So I'm learning from the best!

This year I signed up for a 52 week mentoring program to improve my photography skills as well as learn the business with a wonderful photographer (Don Giannatti of lightingessentials.com) who writes books, teaches workshops and gives of himself to anyone who wants to join his regular Project 52 with weekly assignments, critiques and a supportive flickr group...project52.org

I went to a workshop in his studio in Phoenix in the middle of the year and wat fun it was to photograph his muse and favorite model...Brianna.  She usually does the hot babe pics male photographers favor in workshops although Don does some great lifestyle stuff with her too.  I really wanted to do something in my style.  I picked up something softer for her to wear at Target with a lantern and she had a great handband for her beautiful long hair.  She is the best model, you give her instructions on what you are looking for and she runs with it.

I added some textures to this one so it  would look like a painting.  I love it.  I learned lots about lighting, finally got the "rope trick" he is famous for.  I really want to share all I've learned and blog regularly again.  2 assignments a week along with running the business makes for a busy schedule.  

No comments:

Post a Comment